Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Can't hardly wait

I have been putting together a calendar of fun events in July for a publication and came inevitably to the Tour de France. I have 80 measly words or so in which to describe the event, and if possible give readers an essence of what it’s really really like. Stirring words poured forth and I ended up getting all stirred up myself.
Just a month to go, just a month to go. Cannot wait.
Most evenings this July, God and Ten Sports willing, you will find the mother and me sitting at the edge of our seats, egging on the breakaways, or taking a breather to sit back and drink in the beauty of the French countryside, or breaking into sweats in utter sympathy for the riders during the brutal mountain climbs. It’s hard work just watching the Tour. Like I said, cannot wait.

No comments: