Wednesday, December 04, 2013

On Kriya

I left abruptly back then, do accept my apologies
Time was of the essence however, notwithstanding my sorrys

‘Kriya’, I said, and I see you blink
Why, I can positively hear you think

If you be as sharp as I think you be, you fasten on to that word
‘What manner of creature is this’, you ask, ‘what mammal, what bird?!’

A kriya, mon amis, is a process, an internal action
One, we believe, will bring a positive reaction.
As I do it – this is the hope – the mind will quieten
And spur me on to higher things, namely, Ultimate Liberation.

But let me dwell now on the exactitude that is needed
For you must be very correct indeed, if you will so be kneaded.
The kriya requires a precondition that goes by a name
“Empty Stomach Condition” – yeah, that’s the game.
A mere four hours after a meal will achieve it
But easier said than done, my friends, oh, do believe it.
As I countdown to the ES Condition
I must refrain from unthinking ingestion
Elevenses, snacking, munch, nibble – every such word
Is banished from your life, you’re forever altered!

And then you must be quite on the dot
To do the practice with the precision of a bot.
Should you delay, demur or procrastinate
Do you imagine your hunger pangs will abate?
No, au contraire, it often happens, as you linger
Hunger goes on to gain strength, rendering you asunder!
Still you must persist, pursue and persevere
It does not behove a yogi to baulk at circs. severe
A few hours of fasting – pooh! one must snap
One’s fingers at paltry travails and such crap
So it is much better, I say, to go by the ping-ping
Just do it on time than endure the whole damn thing.

3 comments:

Shweta said...

so trillingly true a voice you do muster,
i must congratulate you dear dear sister.
for i am sure you speak for us –one and all
when you so rightly choose to extol
the virtues of now and the vices of later
put the sum of the whole, neatly on a platter
now with your kind permission; if i have it i’ll share
with our brethren this deep wisdom; it’s only fair!
+++++++++

"It does not behove a yogi to baulk at circs. severe" - I may use it as a screen saver!

Sheetal said...

Thank you, your words are kind indeed...
but the experience, so common to all our breed.
As for permission to copy-paste or share,
Why, you have it: when you wish and where!

Unknown said...

Ah! the little circus we go through every day :)